We are currently looking for a number of developers to join our growing team at Sovereign. If you are looking to challenge your technical skills in a fast paced work environment, this is the perfect role for you!
As an award-winning company with a data centre accredited to ISO27001:2013 and teams of highly skilled individuals, we are committed to service excellence. Established over 24 years ago, we have developed strong long-lasting relationships with both our public and private clients, which has strengthened our reputation across a number of sectors.
About the Role
The key areas of responsibility are for the development and support of the ISERIES RPG/400 applications and associated Web applications.The Developer provides a service over a large part of the project life-cycle including, realisation of initial requirements into design, development testing, implementation and ongoing support.
The core skills required are analytical and programming oriented. Good communication skills and ability to solve problems are important as the role involves an element of client contact. Organised and self-motivated individuals have a big advantage in this position as is a willingness to take advantage of new technologies and techniques.
- Applications Development - Develop and deploy system enhancements and fixes to the RPG/400 applications and associated Web applications, adhering to SBI’s internal standards for progressing changes, coding and testing.
- Testing and quality assurance - Provide testing and QA services for developments carried out by other programmers
- Direct Customer Support - Assist Sovereign clients in using the system and investigating reports of problems.
- Problem resolution - Detail Perform detailed investigation into application and system errors. Determine and implement solutions
- System specification/documentation - Provide written documentation of system changes prior to development and user documentation where appropriate.
As well as the technical skills listed above, we are looking for an individual with the following skillset.
- Highly motivated with good communications skills at all levels
- Someone who has a keen sense of ownership
- Professional accreditations in relevant disciplines may be an advantage
- Good knowledge of relevant technologies deployed across our Customers and internal systems.
This is a permanent role with competitive salary + benefits.
- Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Generous perks packages with a variety of savings such as:
- High street & supermarket savings
- Gym discounts
- Money off meals out
- Great price cinema tickets
- Free phone insurance
- Cycle2work scheme
- Childcare tax relief