Job: Junior Developer (RPG or PHP)
We are looking for an outstanding Junior Developer (RPG or PHP) with at least 6 months experience in PHP or RPG to develop and support RPG/or PHP applications and associated web applications as well as providing a service over a large part of the project life-cycle including design, development, testing, implementation and ongoing support.
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity for a Junior Developer to join a private plc Managed Service Provider, to work with a team of experienced and highly skilled Developers, using a range of the most modern tech working on a variety of projects. We are looking for passionate technologists who know which technology excites them and why.
We encourage you as the Junior Developer (RPG or PHP) to demonstrate your full potential, encourage bright ideas and give our employees the autonomy to do so. This is a fantastic opportunities for career progression are available once established.
Our tech includes: RPG/iSeries,AS/400, PHP, CLP, Query, SQL and the main MS Office products.
- Application Development: develop & deploy system enhancements and fixes applications adhering to the companies internal standards
- Testing and Quality Assurance: provide testing & QA services for developments carried out by other programmers
- Direct Customer Support: Assist the company's clients in using the system and investigating reports of problems
- Problem Resolution: investigating issues and determining/implementing solutions
- System specification/documentation: write up documents of system changes
This is a permanent role with competitive salary + benefits.
- Health Care
- Life Assurance
- Generous perks packages with a variety of savings such as:
- High street & supermarket savings
- Gym discounts
- Money off meals out
- Great price cinema tickets
- Free phone insurance
- Cycle2work scheme
- Childcare tax relief